Code P219 C

Rocky Land • 11 March 2020
1 comment
0 likes

I went to the local auto parts store, They ran the little scanner on the car, Gave me a code of P219C

No ONE can seem to help me with this.

It's a 2018 Kia Rio S owned it from brand new

16K miles on it

Any Ideas?

Odometer

That code can be difficult to trace down.

Here is a list of possible issues:  Inadequate engine compression Defective oxygen sensor/s Faulty CKP or CMP sensor Burnt, chafed, broken, or disconnected wiring and/or connectors A faulty mass air flow or manifold air pressure sensor Bad fuel pump or clogged fuel filter

All misfire codes, throttle position sensor codes, manifold air pressure codes, and mass air flow sensor codes should be addressed before attempting to diagnose a code P219C. The engine should also be running smoothly and efficiently. If it is determined that either a rich or lean condition exists (with the engine), this must be repaired as it may be the cause of the P219C being stored.

I would not recomment replacing parts without doing some troubleshooting. I would hate to tell you this but my recommandation would be to take it to the dealer and have them spend an hour on it to narrow down the issue.

You may have to pay for one hour diagnostics or maybe not becasue I think your car is new enough and therefore should still be under warranty.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Please when this is resolved, update this post so that you can help others with the same code.