In this guide, you will find instructions on how to change the Buick key fob battery. If your Buick key fob is not working most likely the battery in the remote is dead and needs to be replaced.
To learn how to change the Buick key fob, scroll down until you find the video and instructions for your particular key.
This Buick key requires one CR2032 battery.
- Press the small chrome rectangle on the back of the keyfob.
- While you hold the chrome rectangle pressed, pull the metal key from the keyfob.
- Use the metal key to pry open the key fob case.
- Remove the battery from the back cover.
- Install the new battery. Make sure the + side is facing the back cover
- Line up the case and press it to close it.
- Slide in the metal key until it clicks.
- Locate the small gap on the edge of the key fob.
- Insert the screwdriver in the small gap to separate the keyfob.
- Use the screwdriver to pry out the battery from the back cover.
- Press the batter in. Make sure the positive side remains on the same side.
- Line up the two cases and press them firmly to close the keyfob.
This video shows how to change the battery in the Buick flip key fob. This Buick keyfob requires one CR2032 battery.
- Press the round release button to open the flip key.
- Use your thumb to pull out the back cover. See the video for more details.
- Use a small screwdriver to pry out the battery.
- Insert the new battery with the + side oriented the same way as the old battery.
- Line up the back cover with the keyfob and press it on the key until you hear it click.
These videos show you how to change the battery on Buick Encore, Enclave, Envision, Lacrosse and other models.
Most modern Buick vehicles require one CR2032 battery. It is recommended to use a lithium battery but NiCd battery work as well.
- Do I need to program my Buick key fob after replacing the battery?
- No. Buick key fob do not need to be programmed after replacing the key fob battery.
- My car won't start after replacing the battery.
- Press the start button with the keyfob once and the car will recognize the key.
- My Buick key fob remote won't work after replacing the battery.
- Open the keyfob and make sure the battery + side is facing the correct side. Also, inspect the small contacts and make sure they are not bent. Compare your battery and contacts with the video clip.