In this guide, you will find instructions on how to replace front brake pads on the Dodge Avenger.
What you will need
- With the wheels on the ground, loosen the lug nuts but don't remove them.
- Jack up your Dodge Avenger and secure it with jack stands.
- Remove the front wheel from your Dodge Avenger
- Use a flathead screwdriver to press in the caliper piston into the caliper.
- Use a 14mm socket to remove one of the guide pins.
- Fold-out the brake caliper and remove the old brake pads and shims.
- Install the new brake pads. Apply a small amount of grease where the brake pads slide on the brake caliper. Do not apply brake grease on the brake pad surface or brake rotor.
- Install the brake caliper. Apply grease to the guide pins.
- Torque guide pins to 31 Nm or 23 ft-lb.
- Install the wheel and tighten. Rember to tighten the lug nuts when the vehicle has been lowered on the ground.
- Start your Dodge Avenger and pump the brake pedal a few times before starting to drive.