In this guide, you will learn how to jump-start a Jaguar XF 2015-2020 using a portable jump starter.
What you will need
- Remove the emergency key from the key fob.
- Use the metal key to open the trunk or unlock the driver's door manually. How to unlock the trunk.
- Connect the red clamp on the positive (+) terminal.
- Connect black clamp on the frame. Don't connect the negative directly to the battery.
- Press unlock on your key to ensure the car is powered up and the alarm system is disabled.
- Go inside and start the car.
If your Jaguar won't start, only clicks check the jump starter clamps. Wiggle the clamps a little bit to make sure they are making good contact. Leave the jump starter connected fo r15 min then try again.
Do not allow the positive clamp to touch any metal parts other than the dedicated + terminal.
If your Jaguar won't start due to a dead battery it can be jump-started using the battery in the trunk. The emergency key inside the keyfob can be used to unlock the car, open the trunk if the battery is dead.